Peaceful Room/Historic House by Alberta & Williams Peaceful room in the heart of magical Portland
Size –1 Bedroom • 1 Bathroom • Sleeps 1-2
- 1/2 Block from Alberta Street
- 1 Block from Williams
- Pleasant Walk to Mississippi & Killingsworth
- 15 Minutes to Downtown & Convention Center
- Vintage Shopping & Cute Boutiques
- Local Bars, Coffee Shops
- The BYE & BYE bar
- Everybody's Bicycle Rentals & Tours - 3 blocks away
- Scores of Vegan & Vegetarian Cafes
- Quirky Food Carts
Guests rave about these FEATURES:
- Private, FULLY FURNISHED ROOM with a small desk, cushy EASY CHAIR, and high-speed internet access.
- BRAND NEW, luxurious, hypoallergenic QUEEN SIZE MATTRESS sealed inside waterproof protector against bed bugs, dust mites, and spills.
- Room is located in a quiet rear corner of the second floor.
- Use of FULL UPDATED KITCHEN.
- Small, yet charming SHARED BATHROOM with historic clawfoot tub/shower.
- Use of LIVING ROOM, DINING ROOM, KITCHEN, and front PORCH.
- Large, natural STONE PATIO with dining table and couches to lounge in during good weather.
- ORGANIC SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER/BODY WASH in shower.
- Complimentary Organic fair trade coffee, teas, rolled oats, non-dairy milk or creamer from neighborhood cooperative grocery.
- CLEAN, FILTERED WATER from faucet (so no need to buy bottled water!)
- TRAVEL BROCHURES and magazines of the local area for you to peruse at your leisure.
- ORGANIC bedding & towels.
- BRIGHT warm colors, HIGH CEILINGS, and Quality original ARTWORK.
- SPARKLING CLEAN HOUSE.
- Warm, WELCOMING HOST.
I am vegan, as are many of my guests. So I ask that guests not bring meat, fish, eggs or dairy products into the house. If you have any questions or problems with any of this, please let me know, and we can talk about it.
If you are vegan or just interested in enjoying more healthy plant-based meals, this is your PARADISE!
With over 70 VEGAN RESTAURANTS and FOOD CARTS and over 70 more that are either almost all vegan or super-vegan friendly, Portland is known as the vegan capital of the world, and this room is close to many of them.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
Keeping in touch with me around your arrival times and departures will allow me to greet you upon arrival, hand you the key, and otherwise plan for you.
If you’re coming from another country, getting international texting or calling on your phone will make it easier for you to reach me if/when needed.
About the Owner
I've lived in Portland for a long time and know the city and region well. I'm an easy-going guy with some world travel under my belt. I'm into natural and sustainable living, culture, and Oregon's countryside and wilderness. In my shared home, while giving you plenty of space, I am friendly and conversant, and am able and happy to guide you to whatever entertainment, outdoor adventure, and cuisine you may be in the mood for. If you are vegetarian, vegan or just curious about or enjoy plant-based cuisine, I have been vegan since 1990 and am tuned into the vegan community and the plethora of vegan/plant based shops, restaurants, bars and activities in town and am happy to give you some ideas of where to grab that kind of grub to your heart's delight.
Bathroom: Shared with host, other guests
Common Areas: Shared with host, other guests
|Check-In||Host greets you|
|Setting & View||
• BRAND NEW, luxurious, hypoallergenic QUEEN SIZE MATTRESS sealed inside waterproof protector against bed bugs, dust mites, and spills.
• SPACIOUS CLOSET with luggage rack, hangers, and shelves.
• Room is located in a quiet rear corner of the second floor.
|Sports & Adventure||