NEW: Secluded Patio Villa Right By All The Action!
Size –2 Bedrooms • 2 Bathrooms • Sleeps 2-4
ESCAPE TO THIS FABULOUS GETAWAY IN THE HEART OF THE MAGIC!
Just steps from ALBERTA STREET and three of Portland's other enchanting neighborhoods, the secluded PATIO VILLA, comprised of two separate units entered from a private, spacious stone patio, the Patio Cottage and the Patio Suite, offers both quiet respite and quick access to all that is most magical about Portland.
- BOOK the entire Patio Villa for two days or more, and your group of 2 to 4 guests total will savor COMPLETE PRIVACY and soak up the most fulfillment from your adventures in and around town.
The Patio Villa is your perfect base for exploring — wander by foot or bike along the LEAFY RESIDENTIAL STREETS and ALLEYS, enjoy the LOCAL BREWERIES and VEGAN EATERIES, shop at nearby locally-owned STORES, take a short hop to DOWNTOWN or take a DAY TRIP to the Oregon Coast or Columbia Gorge.
STEP RIGHT OUT THE DOOR AND YOU'RE THERE!
If the Patio Villa isn't available on the dates you're searching, search for the Secluded Patio Cottage or Secluded Patio Suite. (For more information, see the Portland Eco House website.)
When you open the large gate onto the Patio Villa’s spacious, cheery stone patio, you'll at once be ushered into a totally secluded world.
- Tucked into the back of the main house, the PATIO SUITE welcomes you from its COVERED PORCH looking down onto the patio, while at the patio’s far end the FRENCH DOORS of the PATIO COTTAGE will entice you to step into the cottage, make yourself at home, and steep yourself in its cozy atmosphere.
Each is well-lit, beautifully designed and decorated, and offers the comforts of a LUXURIOUS QUEEN BED that guests always rave about, private bath and nicely appointed kitchenette.
- Both will delight you with how clean, restful, and chock full of thoughtful touches they are with their BRIGHT relaxing colors, HIGH CEILINGS, CUSTOM WOODWORK, QUALITY FIXTURES, and ORIGINAL ARTWORK and PRINTS.
- The luxurious firm bed, padded with ORGANIC cotton top, duvet and pillows, will beckon you into an amazing night's sleep.
- The Patio Suite’s airy, gorgeous PRIVATE BATH will tempt you linger in it all day, while the Patio Cottage’s compact private bath is sure to charm with its beautiful glass tilework.
Sitting at the BISTRO TABLE in front of the Patio Cottage, or at the one on the porch of the Patio Suite, you can sip your morning joe or tea and scope out your day’s adventures.
- The PATIO TABLE allows you to partake in meals al fresco, and the LOUNGE SET and GAS FIRE PIT will seduce you into kicking back and relaxing with drinks. Or you can just close your eyes and WORK ON YOUR TAN.
- In the Patio Cottage’s KITCHEN you can prepare a light meal or snack using its FULL-SIZE FRIDGE, frost-free freezer, French COFFEE PRESS, TOASTER OVEN, induction COOKTOP, and MICROWAVE. The Patio Suite’s compact KITCHENETTE provides a MINI-FRIDGE and other similar amenities.
- The sleeping space in each is peaceful and quiet in its own distinct way. From the Patio Cottage’s LOVESEAT you can watch the wind stir outside the French doors or, in warm weather, the screen doors, or you can track the sunlight breaking into a rainbow of colors through the PAINTED-GLASS WINDOW at the top of the gable.
Under the nice hot HIGH-PRESSURE SHOWER you can steam your pores and get squeaky clean using the complementary ORGANIC SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER & BODY WASH.
- Complementary Organic fair trade COFFEE and TEAS from the neighborhood food co-op are set out for your pleasure.
FILTERED TAP WATER flowing from the PURE MOUNTAIN RESERVOIR allows you to forgo buying bottled water and thereby help reduce the plastic pollution in our oceans and ecosystems.
- Each unit has many other amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible, including LIGHTED CLOSET with iron and ironing board, hangers and shelves, luggage rack, lots of hooks to hang things on, and AMPLE COUNTERTOP SPACE.
TRAVEL BROCHURES and magazines in each unit will help you choose from a wide range of activities of interest to visitors and locals alike.
- All this careful attention to detail, and more, are curated by a warm, WELCOMING HOST!
- Due to health restrictions, pets or assistance animals cannot be permitted on the property.
Here are this property's House Rules, for your convenience to determine if they work for you:
RENTAL AGREEMENT: Guests are required to electronically sign a Rental Agreement when they book.
SECURITY DEPOSIT HOLD: A Security Deposit hold is placed on the booking guest's credit card.
GUEST PHOTO ID. Guests are required to provide government-issued photo IDs.
THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS. Bookings from any third parties are not able to be accepted through any of the online booking platforms, such as Booking.com, Airbnb and Vrbo. Unless you are booking direct with me or the Portland Eco House website, or have received my consent otherwise, only someone who will stay as an actual guest in the rental may book it for the Rental Period on behalf of themselves and any accompanying guest.
FOUR GUESTS MAXIMUM. The maximum number of Guests allowed to stay in this rental is four (4).
ADDITIONAL GUESTS. The Patio Villa is open only to those two to four guests who have already booked. If you have booked for fewer than four guests and would like add any additional guest(s) that will contribute to the maximum of four persons allowed during the Rental Period, you are welcome to make a request for this change. If it can be accommodated, the rental rate will be adjusted accordingly.
CHILDREN. Well-behaved children are allowed onto the Property as Visitors or Guests of adult guests ONLY after first acquiring my approval. A child is defined as any person under the age of 18.
VISITORS. For the safety, security, comfort, and peaceful enjoyment of all guests and neighbors, and so that I can maintain my Portland short-term rental license, I am required to know how many guests and their visitors total are on the property at any given time. The City allows me to have no more than five of such at a time. Therefore, visitors other than the named booked Guest(s) are permitted onto the Property ONLY after first acquiring my approval. This includes any person(s) you may wish to come visit you or to assist you with checking into or out of the Patio Villa.
PARTIES/EVENTS. Parties or events hosted by guests are not able to be accommodated on the property.
PETS/ASSISTANCE ANIMALS. Due to allergies, pets or assistance animals cannot be allowed on to the property.
NO TOBACCO SMOKERS. For everyone’s comfort, and for those who are super-sensitive to the smell of tobacco smoke, the entire property is restricted from smokers of tobacco anywhere at any time, either inside or outside, or at the curbside.
SHOE-FREE AREA. A “No Shoes Wearing” policy inside the Patio Suite and Patio Cottage ensures that the floors and rugs stay squeaky clean for all guests’ enjoyment. Provided by the door are clean, washable slippers for you to use, if you'd like.
FOOD ITEMS. Out of consideration for a large percentage of guests who are vegetarian or vegan, Guests are asked to not cook meat, fish or eggs in the space and to take away all meat wastes with them when they leave. If you have any questions or concerns about any of this, please let me know, and we can talk about it. :)
FIRE SAFETY. For the safety of the building, no lighting of candles, incense, sage, or any other flammable materials is allowed on the Property. There is a fire extinguisher on a shelf in the kitchenette.
CANNABIS. Consumption of medical and recreational marijuana (cannabis) is legal in Oregon. Guests are permitted to smoke or vape cannabis outside on the patio after first checking with me, your host, to ensure that no other guests staying on the property at the time are sensitive to the scent.
Smoking of cannabis is not permitted inside the rental. Vaping of cannabis (in which no smoke is emitted, only vapors) is permitted inside, with the window or door open a crack for ventilation so that the scent doesn’t permeate the space.
If you are sensitive to cannabis smoke, let me know when you book, and I will make sure that no other guests are smoking it on the property while you are here.
About the Owner
Having lived in Portland for decades now, as has my entire extended family, I'm well versed in this city's and region's rich history, culture, politics, geography, and offerings.
Natural and sustainable living became part of my DNA from an early age. I'm not perfect at it, but it sits at the fore of all my choice-making — in my home, my life around town, and in my travels. And I can't help but like to lightly and warm-heartedly encourage all I know and meet to consider how our choices impact both people and planet.
I bought and moved into this gorgeous historic NE Portland home in 2003 when it was in bad shape, and through the years I've put a lot of work and TLC to breathe new life into it so that it can provide pleasure and comfort to people for many decades more.
If you are vegetarian, vegan or just curious about or enjoy plant-based cuisine, I have been vegan since 1990, and am tuned into the vegan community and the plethora of vegan/plant based shops, restaurants, bars, food carts, and activities in town and am happy to give you some ideas of where to grab that kind of grub to your heart's content.
If you ask, I am always happy to provide tips for exploring the area, to locate the right entertainment, outdoor adventure, or cuisine you may be in the mood for, or to help you figure out logistics. So please feel free to ask me if I’m around doing maintenance or yardwork, or to text or call me.
|Setting & View||
|Sports & Adventure||
1/1 - 12/31
|$178 - $350||
Cancellation Policy: Guest receives 97 % if cancellation occurs at least 30 days before arrival; No refunds within 30 days of arrival.