NEW: Secluded Patio Cottage Right By All The Action!
Size –1 Bedroom • 1 Bathroom • Sleeps 1-2
Let this special SECRET GEM delight you with how clean, restful
and chock full of thoughtful amenities it is with its abundance
of SUNLIGHT, BRIGHT relaxing colors, HIGH VAULTED CEILING, CUSTOM
WOODWORK, QUALITY FIXTURES, and ORIGINAL PRINTS.
And when you've settled in:
– Drift into an amazing night's sleep in a luxurious firm bed padded with ORGANIC cotton top, duvet and pillows.
– Kick back and relax with drinks and meals on the large, natural STONE PATIO with dining table and lounge set. – Sip your morning joe or tea on the BISTRO TABLE in front of the cottage, at the quiet far end of the beautiful patio.
– Stow your belongings safely away in the LIGHTED CLOSET with its iron and ironing board, or on the luggage rack, hangers and shelves under the MOSAIC TILE COUNTER. – Indulge in a light meal or snack using the KITCHEN with its full-size FRIDGE, frost-free freezer, French COFFEE PRESS, TOASTER OVEN, induction COOKTOP, and MICROWAVE.
– Snuggle up in the separate tucked-away bed space, where it's nice and peaceful and quiet. – Watch the sunlight break into a rainbow of colors through the PAINTED-GLASS WINDOW at the top of the gable.
– Steam your pores under the nice hot HIGH-PRESSURE SHOWER. – Get squeaky clean using the complementary ORGANIC SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER & BODY WASH.
– Savor the tasty complementary Organic fair trade COFFEE and TEAS brought from the neighborhood cooperative grocery. - Ditch the bottled water in favor of the CLEAN TAP WATER flowing down from the mountains and filtered in a Brita pitcher.
– Peruse the TRAVEL BROCHURES and magazines of the local area to plan your day's adventures.
– Unwind amongst careful attention to detail curated by a warm, WELCOMING HOST.
- To complete their reservations, guests are required, upon booking, to sign a Rental Agreement that is sent to them and to provide a government-issued Photo ID.
- Due to allergies, pets or assistance animals cannot be allowed on the property.
=============================This platform does not publish this property's House Rules, so they are provided here. Please review them and to determine if they work for you:
RENTAL AGREEMENT: To complete their reservations, guests are required to electronically sign a Rental Agreement when they book.
GUEST PHOTO ID. Any Guests who have not already submitted their photo ID to the host or platform that they booked on will need to provide a copy of it prior to checking in.
THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS. Bookings from any third parties are not able to be accepted through any of the online booking platforms, such as Booking.com, Airbnb and Vrbo. Unless someone is booking direct with the Portland Eco House, and have received the host's consent otherwise, only someone who will stay as an actual guest in the rental may book it for the Rental Period on behalf of themselves and their accompanying guest.
TWO GUESTS MAXIMUM. The maximum number of Guests allowed to stay in this rental is two (2).
SECOND GUEST. The Patio Suite is open only to those one to two guests who have already booked. If you've booked as a single traveler, and you would like a second person to be added as a Guest during the Rental Period, make a request for this change. If it can be accommodated, the rental rate will be adjusted accordingly.
CHILDREN. Well-behaved children are allowed onto the Property as Visitors or Guests of adult guests ONLY after first acquiring my approval. A child is defined as any person under the age of 18.
VISITORS. Visitors other than the named booked Guest(s) are permitted onto the Property ONLY after first acquiring my approval. This includes any person(s) you may wish to come visit you or to assist you with checking into or out of the Patio Suite.
PARTIES/EVENTS. Parties or events hosted by guests are not able to be accommodated on the property.
PETS/ASSISTANCE ANIMALS. Due to allergies, pets or assistance animals cannot be allowed on to the property.
NO TOBACCO SMOKERS. For everyone’s comfort, and for those who are super-sensitive to the smell of tobacco smoke, the entire property is restricted from smokers of tobacco anywhere at any time, either inside or outside, or at the curbside.
SHOE-FREE AREA. A “No Shoes Wearing” policy inside the Patio Suite ensures that the floor and rugs stay squeaky clean for all guests’ enjoyment. Provided by the door are clean, washable slippers for you to use, if you'd like.
FOOD ITEMS. Out of consideration for a large percentage of guests who, like the host, are vegetarian or vegan, Guests are asked to not cook meat, fish or eggs in the space and to take away all animal food wastes with them when they leave. If you have any questions or concerns about any of this, please let me know, and we can talk about it. :)
FIRE SAFETY. For the safety of the building, no lighting of candles, incense, sage, or any other flammable materials is allowed on the Property. There is a fire extinguisher on a shelf in the kitchenette.
CANNABIS. Consumption of medical and recreational marijuana (cannabis) is legal in Oregon. Guests are permitted to smoke or vape cannabis outside on the patio after first checking with the host to ensure that no other guests staying on the property at the time are sensitive to the scent.
Smoking of cannabis is not permitted inside the rental. Vaping of cannabis (in which no smoke is emitted, only vapors) is permitted inside, with the window or door open a crack for ventilation so that the scent doesn’t permeate the space.
Guests who are sensitive to cannabis smoke are asked to let the host know when they book so that arrangements can be made to prevent their comfort from being disturbed.
About the Owner
Having lived in Portland for decades now, as has my entire extended family, I'm well versed in this city's and region's rich history, culture, politics, geography, and offerings.
Natural and sustainable living became part of my DNA from an early age. I'm not perfect at it, but it sits at the fore of all my choice-making -- in my home, my life around town, and in my travels. And I can't help but like to lightly and warm-heartedly encourage all I know and meet to consider how our choices impact both people and planet.
I bought and moved into this gorgeous historic NE Portland home in 2003 when it was in bad shape, and through the years I've put a lot of work and TLC to breathe new life into it so that it can provide pleasure and comfort to people for many decades more.
If you are vegetarian, vegan or just curious about or enjoy plant-based cuisine, I have been vegan since 1990, and am tuned into the vegan community and the plethora of vegan/plant based shops, restaurants, bars, food carts, and activities in town and am happy to give you some ideas of where to grab that kind of grub to your heart's content.
If you ask, I am always happy to provide tips for exploring the area, to locate the right entertainment, outdoor adventure, or cuisine you may be in the mood for, or to help you figure out logistics. So please feel free to ask me if I’m around doing maintenance or yardwork, or to text or call me.
|Setting & View||
|Sports & Adventure||
1/1 - 12/31
|$65 - $173||$65 - $180||
Cancellation Policy: Guest receives 97 % if cancellation occurs at least 60 days before arrival; Guest receives 47 % if cancellation occurs at least 30 days before arrival; No refunds within 30 days of arrival.